Image Map

Jan 13, 2014

Added to the List (#4)

In the past few weeks I have added a few books to my "to be read" list.  One of the worst and most awesome things about being a librarian (and bookseller) is the amount of books that cross my desk.  New books, older books, upcoming books, it's enough to make my head spin.  Anyway, here are book I added to my reading list the past few weeks:



After watching (and completely LOVING) Frozen over Christmas break I decided I wanted to read Cold Spell, another retelling of The Snow Queen.  I have to admit I didn't love Jackson Pearce's Sisters' Red, but this one seems to have really good reviews.  I checked this one out from my public library, but if it's good I will be buying it (and probably all of Ms. Pearce's fairy tale retellings) for my school library.

I got Cruel Beauty in the mail, I think from a Shelf Awareness giveaway, and since fairy tale retellings are one of my favorite genres I was very excited to see it in my mailbox!

I also got The Winner's Curse from MacMillian before Christmas.  It has to have been the prettiest packaged ARC I have ever received.  While it wasn't on my radar before I got it, there is great buzz for it and I am excited to start it!

During the last #ewyagc on Twitter a few librarians were talking about Allies & Assassins by Justin Somper.  I have not read his Vampirates series, but the comparisons for this one being thrown around were The False Prince, which I LOVED.  So, I requested this one and received an ARC during break.  I am going to wait until a little closer to the publication date to read it.(Plus, I love the cover!  Kind of Robin Hood looking.)

The Hallowed Ones was one I ordered for my school library.  When I pulled it out of the box, something about the cover just made me want to read it.  I checked it out to myself and will probably start it in a week.  It looks really good.  (Plus, I just watched the Cinemax series Banshee--which I really liked once I got past the swearing and the violence.  That takes place close to an Amish community so my interest was peaked more because of the setting of this book)

The previews for the Vampire Academy movie look really good so I got the first one from our high school library and started it right away.  If it is appropriate I will be ordering this whole series for my library.  I know it will be big after the movie comes out!

What did you add to your list last week?


2 comments:

  1. THO does look really awesome. I will keep my eyes peeled for that review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking for the review of Cruel Beauty, it does look intriguing.

    ReplyDelete